Are you having trouble turning healthy eating into a lifestyle? It’s not that hard once you learn to substitute some of your old “favourites” for healthier options; take a look:
- Like Pasta? Try making a bowl of spaghetti squash instead. It’s low-calorie and low-glycemic… and can taste just as good! You can find spaghetti squash in the produce section of your grocery store. Make sure you cook it well and scrape the inside out with a knife / clever / fork for a tasty substitute for pasta!
- Want something to “snack” on? Try pistachios. They are one of the most nutrient-dense nuts available… and as far as nuts go, they are relatively low-calorie. Just don’t go crazy with them. To avoid eating too many, too fast, make sure to get them with shells. Make yourself “work” a little to eat them!
- Feel like having mashed potatoes? Use a food processor (or similar equivalent) to make a healthy mash out of cauliflower. Add proper seasoning, along with some skim milk (or whatever you like to use for mashed potatoes) and you’ll have a tasty and low-calorie substitute!
- Absolutely got to have bread? Nowadays there are many “low carb” and “low calorie” breads that taste just as good, for about half the calories. Try it one of these days and you’ll see…
- Feel like having burgers? Try using lean ground turkey or chicken breast instead of beef. You’ll save a TON of calories and feel so much better about your new, fit and trim body!