Make sure this year you accomplish everything you set out to do for your health and fitness. Follow these 5 tips and like the tortoise, you’ll slowly and steadily win the race (or get the body of your dreams!).
- Figure out WHY you want to achieve your fitness goals. The key here is to go beyond the obvious, surface reasons (i.e. looking good, etc.) Ask yourself WHY looking good is important to you. Then keep asking yourself why THAT is important to you. Do this until you come to a powerful reason why you want to achieve your fitness goals this year. When you figure it out, write it down on an index card for quick reference. Reading this during those “slumps” that happen to the best of us, will rekindle your motivation to keep going even when you don’t “feel” like it.
- Create an eating plan. The most important aspect of achieving ANY fitness goal lies is in what you eat. So make sure you create an eating plan that gives you a caloric deficit. Remember, eating less calories, while burning more (through proper exercise), is the simple key to fat loss.
- Eat one cheat meal a week. This is key to sticking to your eating plan over the long haul. You want to make sure to give yourself one cheat meal every week. Eat anything you want for this meal. This will eliminate any cravings and keep you sane for the remainder of the week.
- Keep track of your progress. You want to keep track of all the progress you’re making. This will motivate you to continue doing the right things that will yield your ideal body. Weigh yourself and take measurements only once every two weeks. Any more than that is to frequent.
- Get accountability. Find someone who can hold you accountable to do what you say you’re going to do. By having a workout buddy, for example, it forces you to get into the gym even on those days when you’d rather stay at home and do something else.