Here’s how to keep your metabolism in “fat-burning” mode all-day long…
- Eat more protein. Not only will eating protein help keep you feeling “full” for longer periods of time, it’ll also help your body burn more calories. That’s because it has a high TEF (Thermic Effect of Food). Put simply, protein makes your body work harder to digest and metabolise it, burning a WHOLE lot more calories in the process, more than most other foods.
- Drink green tea. Compared to all the “fat-burning” supplements out there, green tea is the only one with a sea of scientific evidence showing it can really help in the battle against the bulge. But as an added bonus – green tea is jam-packed with antioxidants that’ll help bolster your immune system and keep your body healthy. Aim for at least 2 glasses of green tea a day to reap all the benefits.
- Ramp up the intensity. A study in the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise found that even just one 45-minute high-intensity workout can help increase your resting metabolic rate by 37 percent for up to 14 hours AFTER your workout!
- Go spicy. A number of small studies show that eating a spicy meal can boost your metabolism by up to 8 percent right after you eat. The capsaicin (the stuff that gives capsicums their heat) is responsible for the effect.
- Stay active. Perhaps the easiest and most sure-fire way to boost your overall metabolic rate is to find ways to be active, each and every day. Take the stairs whenever you can, park far away from places you visit, walk more, do more chores around the house – anything at all to make your body move more!
If you have questions about this article, or would like to know more about the overall health recommendations we give to our clients, just give us a call at 0421 287 107 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation.