Per serve this meal contains approx. 400 calories, including 44g of carbohydrates, 36g of protein, 6g of fat, 277mg sodium and 9.6g of fibre.
- 1 tblspn cornflour
- 375ml can light evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp olivie oil
- 300g skinless chicken breast
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tblspn wholegrain mustard
- 375g fettuccine
- 2 tblspn fresh dill sprigs
1. Place the cornflour in a small bowl. Add enough milk to form a smooth paste. Stir in the remaining milk.
2. Brush a large non-stick pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned. Remove from the pan.
3. Add the onion, mushrooms, zucchini, broccolini and garlic to the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until tender. Add the milk mixture to the pan and bring to the boil. Stir in the chicken and mustard.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook pasta. Drain and keep about 80ml of water.
5. Add the pasta and reserved cooking liquid to the pan with the sauce. Toss to combine. Top with dill. Serve with a salad of your choice.
Recipe courtesy of Diabetic Living.