Why Do I Need A Personal Trainer? Can’t I Just Join A Gym Or Buy Some Equipment For Home?
Yes. Either of those options can work, but for the most they don’t. Here’s why… Lack of accountability, poorly trained staff, no motivation, no PLAN, no nutritional guidance or individually tailored meal plans to suit YOU!
Even as little ago as 10 years, Personal Training was seen as one of those services that was just for the rich and famous. But with our fast-paced busy lifestyles that we all seem to lead now, people want the best possible results in the fastest possible time. If that sounds like you, then engaging the services of a Personal Trainer can help motivate, inspire, educate and keep you accountable to reaching your fitness goals sooner.
Our Personal Training takes place in our amazing facility of approximately 100 sqm of space packed with an extensive range of the latest equipment to suit your training needs. Every person that enters the studio for the first time sums it up in one word….”Wow!” You’ll understand when you see it!
We pride ourselves on our professionalism and complete solution to our clients health and fitness needs. Our strong relationship with local allied health professionals makes us a stand out fitness business in Pakenham. Studioz Personal Training was the winner of the Health and Education Category of the 2013 Cardinia Business Awards in recognition of the strength of our business and first class service.
Our Personal Training Services are available for:
- One-on-one training,
- Couples training,
- Small group training (up to 4 people)
Note: Training of groups greater than 4 people at a time falls under our Pakenham Boot Camps For Women program. For groups of men greater than 4 people please Contact Us and we can tailor a program specifically to your group’s needs.
What Do I Look For When Selecting A Personal Trainer?
With the explosion of training organisations in the Fitness Industry over the past five years, the market is flooded with hundreds of Personal Trainers. So before choosing a Personal Trainer to work with we suggest you follow these simple guidelines (note: if the answer to any of the questions is “no” then I suggest you keep looking until you are satisfied that all these criteria are met satisfactorily – Studioz Personal Training prides itself on ticking all of these boxes):
- They must be certified by a nationally accredited institution. The gold standard for certification agencies is Fitness Australia or Kinnect. A qualified trainer should be certified at a Level 3 (Gym Instruction) and Level 4 (Personal Training). But that just means they’ve passed the “baseline of standards” to call themselves a Personal Trainer. It does not mean they are good at what they do or can deliver a specific result. There is a big difference between a “trainer” and a “fitness professional”.
- They should do more than just “take you through a workout”. A top quality fitness professional does more than just “take you through a workout”. Anyone can count to 15 by themselves and hold a clipboard. Look for a coach who will educate you about all the components necessary to achieve optimal health and a fitness result. Your trainer should review nutrition education with you, educate you about proper supplementation, review resistance training (whether that be balance training, core work, stability balls, medicine balls, etc.), cardiovascular exercise to maximise fat burning, flexibility to avoid injury and speed recovery, and really walk you through all the steps that encompass the “mental development” side. Goal setting, putting together a plan of action, and then holding you accountable and supporting you through the entire process is absolutely critical to your success.
- Ask for Proof of Results. A top fitness pro should be able to do more than just talk about results – they should be able to prove they deliver. Ask for proof of client results. Do they have before & after photos of clients, testimonials, references? Can you speak with a client to inquire about their experience working with them? If a fitness pro can’t offer this kind of concrete proof than be careful.
- Ask for a Guarantee. According to a Consumer Reports study there is more dissatisfaction in the diet industry than any other industry. That’s crazy. Think about it- if you took your car to a mechanic you’d expect it to be fixed- not come back with 2 or 3 pings and a loose belt!Working with a fitness professional should be the same as any other industry. If they aren’t willing to guarantee your results then find someone who will. Spending your time and energy without a guarantee of results is like going to that terrible mechanic! Don’t waste your money or more importantly your time working with someone who can’t offer an iron clad 100% money back guarantee of your success.
- Look for someone who will empower you for life! A great fitness coach will do more than just help you to achieve your goals. A true professional will teach you the foundation of knowledge so you will no longer be lost in the “sea of confusion” when it comes to all the diet and exercise hype. The foundation of knowledge and correct technique you’ll learn will allow you to maintain your results for life!
- Individually tailored meal plans. I find that the most important part of a body transformation is your nutrition. Whether it’s improving your eating habits, losing some weight and gaining muscle…nutrition is number one! You will find a large range of trainers that may give you some general tips, but what you really want is an individually tailored meal plan based on the foods you like and specifically targeted to achieving your goals.
Is Personal Training Expensive?
There’s a distinction between cost and value that is important to understand.
How valuable is your health to you? What is it worth to you to have your body back? What is it worth to literally add years to your life?
You should view your use of a Personal Trainer as an investment in your health and fitness. It’s probably fair to say that, as with most things in life, you get what you pay for. So beware of the six things to check when selecting a Personal Trainer as we’ve outlined above.
How Would I Go About Getting Started? I’ve Never Used A Personal Trainer Before?
We understand that it can be a bit of a nerve-racking experience when you take that first step to use a Personal Trainer. It’s absolutely essential that you find someone that you like, know and trust. That’s why we encourage you to come in for a FREE no obligation private consultation. During our consultation we’ll ask you some more questions, we’ll review your goals in more detail, and then if we have a good fit, I’ll present my different program options to you.
Providing you like what we have to offer, we’ll ask you to make a decision about committing to your goals and one of our programs. You can answer yes or no and either answer is ok.
Get started right NOW by completing a Consultation Request Form, and before you know it you will be on the path to achieving your fitness goals.