I talk to people on a daily basis about fitness, weight management and goal achievement. Everyone wants to know how you get there in the fastest possible time with the least effort.
Over time, society’s level of patience appears to have diminished. People have developed a ‘here and now’ mentality in both material and intrinsic possessions.
They want the big TV, even if they can’t afford it, and they want to be fit and healthy, but only have 30 minutes every two weeks to spend on it. The search for the best fat loss pills, least painfull plastic surgery, diet secrets of the stars, and the list goes on and on. And guess what? They stay looking and feeling the same, if not worse.
Despite the apparent mindset shift, one of the key components to success has not changed. Although there may be more methods of achieving the results, now compared to 30 years ago, applying a consistent, healthy eating and exercise regime is the key to your success.
Here are my tips to help you achieve, consistent, safe and sustainable weight loss:
- Use fitness professional who provides 100% guaranteed results and who is registered with an organisation such as Fitness Australia. This person will provide you with a tailored exercise program, expert advice and the accountability required to help you achieve success sooner.
- Adhere to a healthy, calorie controlled eating plan
- Complete three resistance sessions per week (at least one day rest between workouts) to ensure you build muscle. Remember, the more muscle you have, the more fat you will burn.
- Complete three to four cardio sessions per week to ensure you elevate your heart rate (to approximately 180 beats per minute less your age) to maximise the calories burnt and fat loss.
- Review your progress
- Visualize your goals
- Drink plenty of water (at least 1.5 to 2 litres per day)
- Get at least 6-9 hrs sleep per night
- Reward YOUR success